Friday, April 24, 2009

Don’t you think that the food is some kind of art? I mean good food of course!

If you do then you agree with those of the ancient Greeks who said that “the Culinary” or simply cooking was a real Art.

I completely agree with the Greeks in that question. Till now I have tried not so many cuisines but every time it was interesting and, in many cases, tasty!

I prefer Mexican food to any of the others for being unbelievably hot and extreme. Maybe that’s because it’s a mix of old Aztec and Spanish? If I come to a place where there is Mexican food first I always order nachos with salsa and guacamole on the side. Then, for the main course, I take enchiladas with traditional red sauce made of chili peppers and other seasonings (sometimes they make this sauce with tomatoes as well). And to extinguish my burning mouth I end my meal with icy red margarita glass.

I like Russian food also because it is satiating. When you finish a plate of “pelmeni”(meat-balls in dough) or “uha” fish-soup (usually eaten with bread on the side) you really feel “filled”!

Italian food I know now it’s probably only the pizza and the lasagna. And those crispy breads “Focaccos”, of course. But I heard they have one of world’s richest cuisines out there in Italy, don’t they? Maybe anyone can give me a tip what else have Italians great on their kitchen-tables?